” Tulip Tree Creamery was founded in 2014 by Fons Smits and Laura Davenport (with the help of other helpful advisors click here to meet our team)
Fons (orignally from the Netherlands) has traveled all over the world consulting with and developing dairy plants – focusing on small to medium scale facilities
Other recognized creameries in which he’s worked include: Cowgirl Creamery (CA), Traders Point Creamery (IN), Teton Valley Creamery (ID), Ludwig Farmstead Creamery (IL)
Fons’ main focus is cheese making/production.
Laura has a background in public health and biology where she worked as an adult educator in hospital settings and for a health-related software company before moving over into the dairy world in 2004.
Other creameries she’s worked with include Traders Point Creamery (IN), Ludwig Farmestead Creamery (IL).
Laura’s main focus is sales, marketing, and education.
- Milk is purchased from Lot Hill Dairy Farm, Seymour, Indiana
- The milking herd is owned by Jon Claycamp
- He raises Holstein cows on this family farm – they currently milk about 40-50 cows – we purchase some milk and they sell the rest to a local co-op
- They grow their hay and silage for their animals using only NON-GMO crops
- They do not use antibiotics or growth hormones on their milking herd
- They are in the process of becoming Animal Welfare Certified
- Tulip Tree Creamery is located on the northwest side of Indianapolis, IN
- We are currently working in a shared space facility and looking to move in to our own facility within the next year
- We have 3 full-time employees (including our owner) and about 5-part time staff who help us with farmers markets and with packaging”.
Content from: http://www.tuliptreecreamery.com/